KAMU-FM needs your voice!
Did you hear some of your fellow listeners during the last KAMU-FM pledge drive explain what our station and programming means to them? We’d love to add your voice, too! Read on for instructions and a sample script. And thank you for supporting — and encouraging others to support — Aggieland’s Public Radio!
- Find a quiet space to record. Generally, softer surfaces like carpet make for better recording than hard surfaces like hardwood floors. You could record in a small quiet room, a closet, or even build yourself a pillow fort!
- Open up a recording app. If you have an iPhone, all you need is the Voice Memos app that automatically comes with every phone. If you have an Android, Smart Voice Recorder is a good option.
- Hold the phone up to your face as you would for a normal phone call. Or place the recording phone on a stack of books or paper towel roll about 6 inches away from your face (usually a little over a fist’s length away).
- Hit the record button. Often it’s a big red circle.
- Record a message about why KAMU is important to you and how others can donate. Don’t worry, we have a suggested script below to help get you started.
- When you’re done and still recording, sit quietly for about 15 seconds. This will allow us to collect room tone, which will be helpful in our editing. Then hit the stop button.
- Save the recording. Some apps allow you to do it immediately, but others require you to do it yourself.
- Send the audio file to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the Voice Memos app, go to the ellipses (three dots) on the bottom left of the file and then click share.
Want to hear an example? Click the play button below.
Hi, this is (NAME / TITLE) and I’ll tell you why KAMU is important to me…
* TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE SHOWS OR…
* WHEN/WHERE/HOW YOU ENJOY LISTENING TO KAMU OR…
* WHY YOU MIGHT BE PASSIONATE ABOUT HOW WE BRING VALUE TO YOUR LIFE…
I hope you’ll take a moment to join me and help KAMU continue to bring its unique blend of programming to Aggieland.
You can call in a donation right now at 979.845.5656 or click the DONATE button at kamu.tamu.edu
Thank you for helping support Aggieland’s Public Radio, KAMU!